A sliding window is a horizontal window with sashes that slide back and forth. It is very much like a double hung window turned on its side. The window opens by moving the sashes to one side or the other.
Sliding windows work well on walls where there isn’t a lot of vertical height, yet there is plenty of horizontal area. They offer a more contemporary look than the traditional colonial style double hung windows.
Designed With Quality and Easy Operation in Mind
Like double hungs, sliding windows provide a number of benefits:
- Easy sliding action: Each Window Plus sliding window provides smooth operation on tandem brass rollers making opening and closing almost effortless.
- Minimal air infiltration: Specially designed air barriers and weather stripping greatly minimize air leakage.
- Easy to clean: The sashes lift out of the window channel for easy cleaning of your sliding window.
- Energy efficient glass packages: Window Plus offers a variety of glass packages to meet your energy efficiency goals.
- Swing & Clean Slider: Our unique Swing & Clean Slider offers all the benefits of a normal sliding window, along with the convenience of swing-in sashes for easy cleaning of the outside glass.