Double Hung Windows
The most commonly used window in the USA today is a double hung window. Double hungs get their name from the double set of sashes that traditionally were hung from counter weights inside the window frame. The counter weights allowed the sashes to be lifted or raised with less effort. They also allowed the sash to stay in position while raised.
Today, double hung windows rarely use counter weights. Instead, either spring balances or steel coils are used to balance the weight of the sash as it is raised and lowered.
Designed With You And Your Home In Mind
Our double hung windows offer many innovative features:
- Durability and excellent lift action: Each Window Plus double hung window is built with either Endura-Force™ or Certa-Force™ balances to make lifting or lowering your windows effortless.
- Easy cleaning from inside the home: Every Window plus double hung window tilts in to make cleaning a snap. Just push the button at either side of the sash and tip the sash toward you.
- Minimal air infiltration: Specially designed air barriers and weather stripping greatly minimize air leakage.
- Innovative sill designs: A strong bond between the window’s sill and jamb provide maximum weather protection.
- Energy efficient glass packages: No matter what your energy efficiency needs are, our numerous glass packages can meet them.
- Peace of mind: Vent stops are designed into every Window Plus double hung window. The vent stop allows the sash to be raised partway for ventilation yet prohibits someone from pushing the sash open all the way.
In addition to these features, Our double hung window lines are affordable and can meet almost any budget, making double hungs the perfect choice for homeowners.