Insulation Michigan

Home Insulation Michigan

You need insulation in your home to provide resistance to heat flow. The more heat flow resistance your insulation provides, the lower your heating and cooling costs.


Air flows from a warmer to a cooler space. In Michigan winters, air moves directly from all heated living spaces to adjacent attics, garages, basements, and most importantly to the outdoors. In the summer, air moves to all cooled living spaces from adjacent attics, garages, basements, and most importantly from the outdoors.


To maintain comfort throughout your home, the heat or cooling loss must be replaced by your heating or cooling system. Properly insulating your home will decrease this heat flow by providing an effective resistance to the flow of heat.


There are three common types of insulation, CelluloseFiberglass and Foam, each providing different levels of effective resistance to the flow of heat. Do you know which of these is the best for your home? What areas of my home should be insulated? Will insulating certain areas of home result in larger energy savings? What is R-value? How can I tell the R-value of my current insulation? How much insulation do I need to install?


Insulating your home may qualify for 2014 tax and utility credits.


For more information contact Home Pro USA at (800)497-9011.

Cellulose Insulation

Cellulose Insulation

Cellulose is composed of up to 85% recycled paper fiber, usually newsprint. The other 15% is a fire retardant such as boric acid or ammonium sulphate. Other materials that are used to make cellulose insulation include cardboard, sawdust, hemp, corncob, straw, and cotton.

Fiberglass Insulation

Fiberglass Insulation

Fiberglass insulation is an insulating material made from fiberglass, arranged into a texture similar to wool. Loose-fill insulation consists of small particles of fiberglass. When blown in these small particles form an insulation barrier that can conform to any space without disturbing any structures of your home.

Foam Insulation

Foam Insulation

Spray Foam is an organic material developed from products of the petrochemical industry. It is a two component system that is sprayed like paint. The chemical constituents are similar to those used in the manufacturer of many products already in your home, such as upholstery foam and the foam used for pillows and mattresses.